Falls can occur anywhere and anytime but as you grow older you are more risk of falling down during
If you have had a fall in the past six months you have a higher likelihood of falling again. Moreover, other factors that can increase the risk of falling
However, there are
Gooddiet that provides all the vitamins and minerals that you need.
- Drink enough water to keep you hydrated
- Exercise to strengthen muscles and joints
- Wearing good shoes that are supportive and well fitting.
- Avoid walking in socks.
- Wearing well-fitting clothing, especially pants.
- Decluttering your house to prevent trip hazards (e.g. loose mats, objects in your path).
- Using aids to walk/installing grab rails in the bathroom.
- Using ramps and other mobility aids if required.
- Have good lighting in your house, especially at night time.
Broadway Burrard ChiropraticBack pain is present in around 18% of the general population and is highly preventable in most cases. You are at more risk of developing back pain, especially lower back pain, if you are: female, getting older, obese, have a lower...
For some of us, our orthotics have become a part of our daily lives. They provide great relief from the aches, cramps and twinges we experience during our daily activities, typically as a result of our faulty foot biomechanics or external strain/forces. Yet, after...
Photo credit: Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists If your child is developing pain on the outside of their foot then this could indicate inflammation of the growth plate of their 5th metatarsal. This is called Iselin’s disease. During development, the bones grow from...