Falls can occur anywhere and anytime but as you grow older you are more risk of falling down during
If you have had a fall in the past six months you have a higher likelihood of falling again. Moreover, other factors that can increase the risk of falling
However, there are
Gooddiet that provides all the vitamins and minerals that you need.
- Drink enough water to keep you hydrated
- Exercise to strengthen muscles and joints
- Wearing good shoes that are supportive and well fitting.
- Avoid walking in socks.
- Wearing well-fitting clothing, especially pants.
- Decluttering your house to prevent trip hazards (e.g. loose mats, objects in your path).
- Using aids to walk/installing grab rails in the bathroom.
- Using ramps and other mobility aids if required.
- Have good lighting in your house, especially at night time.
Photo courtesy: Consumer Reports Gout is a type of inflammatory arthritis, often termed ‘the disease of kings’, caused by the deposition of uric acid (monosodium urate) crystals in tissues and typically the joint fluid. This occurs as a result of excessive production...
Photo credit: Fixmyfeet.co.za Köhler’s disease is a condition that impacts a bone on the inner arch of the foot. This bone is called the navicular. This relatively rare disorder of the foot typically affects males more than females and occurs between the ages of 2 and...
Arthritis is term to describe a range of conditions that affect the joint in your body. Arthritis can occur in one joint or it can occur in many joints. Moreover, it can affect the big joints of the body such as the knee or it can affect the small joints such as in...