Bromodosis is the term used to describe smelly feet or foot odour. This is a common medical condition that affects a number of individuals. Your feet have a tendency to sweat profusely as they have more sweat glands than any other part of your body. Sweat regulation...
Falls can occur anywhere and anytime but as you grow older you are more risk of falling down during
If you have had a fall in the past six months you have a higher likelihood of falling again. Moreover, other factors that can increase the risk of falling
However, there are
Gooddiet that provides all the vitamins and minerals that you need.
- Drink enough water to keep you hydrated
- Exercise to strengthen muscles and joints
- Wearing good shoes that are supportive and well fitting.
- Avoid walking in socks.
- Wearing well-fitting clothing, especially pants.
- Decluttering your house to prevent trip hazards (e.g. loose mats, objects in your path).
- Using aids to walk/installing grab rails in the bathroom.
- Using ramps and other mobility aids if required.
- Have good lighting in your house, especially at night time.
Photo credit: AliMedSolid AFOs Ankle-foot orthosis (AFO) are braces for the lower leg and foot that are often prescribed to patients with gait abnormalities. They are lightweight plastic braces composed of a plastic material that can be secured to the calf with the...
Falls can occur anywhere and anytime but as you grow older you are more risk of falling down during day to day activities and are likely to injure yourself. There are number of reasons for falls in elderly patient’s. As you grow older your vision becomes impaired,...